Engineering is widely considered as one of the most lucrative and in demand career choices, with multiple engineering disciplines and job types, as well as salaries that can exceed $100k per year once the engineer has some experience behind them¹.
Do engineers get paid well?
Engineers Get Top Pay
Year after year, engineering jobs are paid the highest average starting salary. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) engineers have a median annual wage of $91,010 and the engineering field projects to have employment growth of nearly 140,000 new jobs over the next decade.
Which engineering has highest salary?
10 Highest Paid Engineering Degrees
- Computer Science – $58,800 – $112,600.
- Aerospace engineering -$58,000 – $107,900.
- Electrical engineering – $55,000 – $105,000.
- Mechanical engineering – $52,500 – $101,600.
- Civil engineering – $51,100 – $93,400.
- Biomedical engineering – $50,600 to $92,200.
- Architectural engineering – $50,000 – $90,400.
Which engineering has highest salary 2019?
With a median salary of $132,280, petroleum engineer is one of the highest paying engineering jobs of 2019. The field is also projected to grow much faster than the average career over the next five to 10 years.
Why are engineers paid so much?
Why Do Engineers Make So Much? Their high earnings are commensurate with the role’s required technical skills, which are extremely high in demand. Engineers are well paid to aid in recruitment and to recognize their unique skill set in the industry.