9 Computer Safety Tips: How to Prevent Viruses, Malware
- Use Antivirus Software and Keep It Up-To-Date.
- Install Security Patches.
- Use a Firewall.
- Do Not Provide Sensitive, Personal Information.
- Take Control of Your Email.
- Treat IMs Suspiciously.
- Use Strong Passwords.
- Keep Abreast of Internet Scams.
How can viruses be prevented?
Here are 10 tips on how to prevent malware from infecting your computer, keeping your hardware safe.
- Install Anti-Virus/Malware Software.
- Keep Your Anti-Virus Software Up to Date.
- Run Regularly Scheduled Scans with Your Anti-Virus Software.
- Keep Your Operating System Current.
- Secure Your Network.
- Think Before You Click.
How can you protect yourself from a viral infection?
What’s the best way to stay disease-free? Prevent infections. You can prevent infection through simple tactics, such as washing your hands regularly, being careful with food and water, getting vaccinations, and taking appropriate medications. Hand-washing.
What safety measures should you follow to avoid virus attacks?
5 Ways to Avoid Computer Viruses
- Stop running as an administrator. Each time you log on to your computer, you have a role attached.
- Find solid anti-malware software and keep it updated.
- Be on the lookout for phishing scams.
- Keep your operating system updated.
- Think seriously about password security.
How do you avoid spam and virus in your system?
The best way to protect a laptop from viruses and spam is to prevent malware from installing on the laptop in the first place. For a start, antivirus software and a firewall should be installed. When browsing the Internet, use an account which does not have administrator rights.