If you don’t know the cause of the crash, you can try the following methods to narrow down and fix PC crashing.
- Method 1: Reboot your computer.
- Method 2: Make sure your CPU works properly.
- Method 3: Boot in Safe Mode.
- Method 4: Update your drivers.
- Method 5: Run System File Checker.
How do you fix a crashed laptop?
- Check your connections. If the system stops responding, make sure all the necessary connections are still working.
- Use Safe Mode.
- Use the last known good configuration.
- Do a System Restore.
- Do System Recovery.
- Use Boot Disks.
- Try Antivirus Rescue CDs.
- Use Data Recovery Software.
What causes computers to crash?
Computers crash because of errors in the operating system (OS) software or errors in the computer hardware. Because the values RAM stores get corrupted unpredictably, it causes random system crashes. The central processing unit (CPU) can also be the source of crashes due to excessive heat.
How do you know when your computer has crashed?
Signs your Computer is Going to Crash
- Computers May Become Slower.
- You Receive Occasional Boot Errors.
- Your Hard Drive may Become Noisy.
- You Experience an Unusual Number of Pop-up Windows.
- Random File or Program Corruption Issues.
- Your Computer Frequently Becomes Overheated.
- Perform Regular Maintenance on Your System.
- Reduce Memory Usage.
How do I fix a crashed Windows 10?
Solution 1 – Enter Safe Mode
- Restart your PC few times during the boot sequence to start Automatic Repair process.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings and click the Restart button.
- Once your PC restarts, choose Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the appropriate key.