Top 10 things you should be doing to maintain your computer
- Everyone loves computers when they work. Everyone screams at them when they don’t.
- Back up your data.
- Clean dust from your computer.
- Clean up your cabling, and everything else too.
- Organize your installation disks.
- Run antivirus and spyware scans regularly.
- Clean up your software.
- Clean up your OS.
What is computer hardware maintenance?
Computer hardware maintenance involves taking care of the computer’s physical components, such as its keyboard, hard drive and internal CD or DVD drives. Cleaning the computer, keeping its fans free from dust, and defragmenting its hard drives regularly are all parts of a computer hardware maintenance program.
How do you clean computer hardware components?
How to clean the inside of your computer
- Step 1: Turn off your computer and unplug it from the electrical outlet or surge protector.
- Step 2: Open up your computer’s case.
- Step 3: Using compressed air, dust the internal components of your computer with short bursts of air.
- Step 4: Remove the dust buildup on your case fans with a can of compressed air.
What is hardware and software maintenance?
Hardware maintenance and support services are preventive and remedial services that physically repair or optimize hardware, including contract maintenance and per-incident repair. Software maintenance and support services include long-term and pay-as-you-go (incident-based) support contracts.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
What are the tools in computer hardware servicing?
Computer Hardware Servicing Tools
- Anti-static wrist strap. Anti-static wrist strap-used to prevent ESD damage to computer equipment.
- Anti-static mat. Anti-static – used to stand on or place hardware on to prevent static electricity from building up.
- Flat head screwdriver.
- Philips head screwdriver.
- Torx screwdriver.
- Hex driver.
- Needle-nose plier.
- Wire cutter.