The Four Categories of Computer Hardware
- Input devices: For raw data input.
- Processing devices: To process raw data instructions into information.
- Output devices: To disseminate data and information.
- Storage devices: For data and information retention.
What are the 5 types of hardware?
There are five parts of computer hardware that can be found in most computer systems, from smart phones to desktop computers: processor, primary storage, secondary storage, input devices and output devices.
What are the 10 types of hardware?
To learn more, this list contains 10 types of computer hardware that we will discuss in depth:
- Optical Drives. Most notebook and desktop computers feature this computer hardware.
- Hard Disk Drive.
- Removable Drives.
- Graphics Card.
- Sound Card.
- Power Supply.
- Display Screen.
What are the 2 types of hardware?
- Main memory(RAM)
- Expansion cards.
- Power supply unit.
- Optical disc drive.
- Hard disk drive (HDD).
What is hardware and types of hardware?
Computer hardware is the collection of physical parts of a computer system. This includes the computer case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It also includes all the parts inside the computer case, such as the hard disk drive, motherboard, video card, and many others. Computer hardware is what you can physically touch.