- What are the devices of a computer?
- What are some examples of external storage devices?
- What are the types of external storage devices?
- What are the 10 input devices?
- What are the 10 output devices?
- What is internal and external storage device?
- What is external hardware?
- What is secondary memory?
- What is the most common external storage device?
- What are the 4 types of storage devices?
- What are the 10 storage devices?
- What are the five output devices?
- What are 5 input devices?
- What are the 5 examples of input devices?
- What is output devices with examples?
- What are the types of output devices?
- Is CPU input or output?
external device – Computer Definition
Any peripheral device that is not housed inside the computer cabinet.
Monitors, keyboards, mice and printers are inherently external devices; however, drives, network adapters and modems may also be external.
See external drive, external modem and USB adapter.
What are the devices of a computer?
There are three different types of peripherals: Input, used to interact with, or send data to the computer (mouse, keyboards, etc.)
- Input. Keyboard. Computer mouse.
- Output. Computer display. Printer.
- Storage devices. Floppy disk drive. Flash drive.
- Input/Output. Modem.
What are some examples of external storage devices?
More commonly referred to as an external drive, external storage is storage that is not part of the computer. Examples of external storage are floppy disk drives, hard drives, tape drives, etc.
What are the types of external storage devices?
External storage takes many forms, for example:
- portable hard disks.
- magnetic tape.
- memory stick / flash drive.
- solid state memory cards.
- DVD or CDs.
What are the 10 input devices?
10 Examples of Input Devices of Computer
- 10 Examples of Input devices: Keyboard.
- Mouse. Light Pen.
- Optical/magnetic Scanner. Touch Screen.
- Microphone for voice as input. Track Ball.
- Joystick. Camera.
- Web cam (PC video camera)
- Keyboard: A keyboard is the most common input device.
- Mouse: A mouse is an electro mechanical, hand held device .
What are the 10 output devices?
10 Examples of Output Devices
- Audio Speakers.
- Sound Card.
- Video Card.
What is internal and external storage device?
Internal Storage: Any sort of permanent storage which is internal to a computing device. Stuff like hard drives, SSDs, soldered on flash disks, etc. External Storage: Similar (or even exactly the same thing) as above. Just that it’s removable without needing to open the device.
What is external hardware?
In general, external refers to anything outside of a location. 2. External describes a hardware device that is installed outside of the computer. For example, a printer (shown to the right) is an external device because it is connected to the back of the computer and is outside of the case.
What is secondary memory?
Secondary memory is where programs and data are kept on a long-term basis. Common secondary storage devices are the hard disk and optical disks. The hard disk has enormous storage capacity compared to main memory. The hard disk is usually contained inside the case of a computer.
What is the most common external storage device?
Among the most common and useful types of external cloud storage are file sharing services, such as Box and Dropbox.
What are the 4 types of storage devices?
What are Types of Storage Devices
- Punch card.
- Floppy diskette.
- Tape drive.
- Zip disk.
- Blu-ray disc.
- Flash jump drive.
What are the 10 storage devices?
Digital data storage devices have many uses.
Digital Data Storage Devices: 10 Examples
- Hard Drive Disk.
- Floppy Disk.
- Compact Disc (CD)
- DVD and Blu-ray Discs.
- USB Flash Drive.
- Secure Digital Card (SD Card)
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
What are the five output devices?
- Monitor (LED, LCD, CRT etc)
- Printers (all types)
- LCD Projection Panels.
- Computer Output Microfilm (COM)
- Head Phone.
What are 5 input devices?
Computer – Input Devices
- Joy Stick.
- Light pen.
- Track Ball.
- Graphic Tablet.
What are the 5 examples of input devices?
Examples of input devices include keyboards, mouse, scanners, digital cameras, joysticks, and microphones. Input devices can be categorized based on: modality of input (e.g. mechanical motion, audio, visual, etc.)
- Graphics tablet.
- Game controller.
- Light pen.
- Mouse. Optical.
- Pointing stick.
What is output devices with examples?
An output device is any device used to send data from a computer to another device or user. Most computer data output that is meant for humans is in the form of audio or video. Thus, most output devices used by humans are in these categories. Examples include monitors, projectors, speakers, headphones and printers.
What are the types of output devices?
A computer output device is used to extract information from a computer. There are visual, audio, print and data output devices. Different types of specific hardware include monitors, speakers and headphones, printers and external hard drives.
Is CPU input or output?
Central processing unit
The CPU is also known as the processor or microprocessor. The CPU is responsible for executing a sequence of stored instructions called a program . This program will take inputs from an input device, process the input in some way and output the results to an output device .