An input device sends information to a computer system for processing, and an output device reproduces or displays the results of that processing.
Input devices only allow for input of data to a computer and output devices only receive the output of data from another device.
Which is both input and output device?
Typical output devices in a computer system are the monitor, speakers and the printer. Some devices that perform both input AND output operations are referred to as I/O (input/output) devices and their operations are called I/O operations. Examples of common input and output components are disk drives and modems.
What are the output devices of a computer?
Input and output devices that provide computers with additional functionality are also called peripheral, or auxiliary devices.
- 10 Examples of Output Devices. Monitor.
- Computer Speakers.
- Sound Card.
What are the 10 input devices?
10 Examples of Input Devices of Computer
- 10 Examples of Input devices: Keyboard.
- Mouse. Light Pen.
- Optical/magnetic Scanner. Touch Screen.
- Microphone for voice as input. Track Ball.
- Joystick. Camera.
- Web cam (PC video camera)
- Keyboard: A keyboard is the most common input device.
- Mouse: A mouse is an electro mechanical, hand held device .
What is output device give 5 examples?
Thus, most output devices used by humans are in these categories. Examples include monitors, projectors, speakers, headphones and printers.