Some of the most important computer skills to learn include the following:
- Operating systems (Windows and MacOS)
- Office suites (Microsoft Office, G Suite)
- Presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Spreadsheets (Excel, Google Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Communication and collaboration tools (Slack, Skype, etc.)
What are common computer programs?
The most common application software programs are used by millions every day and include:
- Microsoft suite of products (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Internet browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
What are three examples of computer programs?
Some examples of computer programs:
- Operating system.
- A web browser like Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari can be used to view web pages on the Internet.
- An office suite can be used to write documents or spreadsheets.
- Video games are computer programs.
What are some basic computer skills?
Basic computer skills, as defined by the ICAS Computer Skills Assessment Framework include Internet and email, computers, word processing, graphics and multimedia, and spreadsheets.
What is basic computer knowledge?
Computer Knowledge – Main Parts of Computer. Computer hardware is what you can physically touch includes the computer case, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It also includes all the parts inside the computer case, such as the hard disk drive, motherboard, video card, and many others.