A typical computer system consists of a computer case, a power supply unit, a motherboard, a central processing unit (CPU), main memory, and a hard disk drive.
Input devices include a keyboard, mouse, microphone, video camera, and image scanner.
Output devices include a monitor, speakers, and a printer.
What are the 10 major hardware components of a computer system?
- Inside a personal computer: Monitor. Motherboard. CPU(Microprocessor. Main memory(RAM) Expansion cards. Power supply unit. Optical disc drive. Hard disk drive (HDD). Keyboard. Mouse.
- An example of a serial port.
- Graphics Card.
- Close-up of a Sound Card.
- Network Interface Card.
What are the hardware components of a computer?
Computer hardware includes the physical, tangible parts or components of a computer, such as the cabinet, central processing unit, monitor, keyboard, computer data storage, graphics card, sound card, speakers and motherboard.
What are the 3 main parts of the CPU?
The CPU is made up of three main parts:
- Control Unit this part controls the input and output devices.
- Arithmetic Logic Unit this is the part that does all the working out: it does all the maths and makes the decisions.
- Immediate Access Store this is the memory available for programs and data.