A computer has four main components: the central processing unit or CPU, the primary memory, input units and output units.
A system bus connects all four components, passing and relaying information among them.
What are the main parts of computer?
The basic parts of a computer system are:
- CPU (Central Processing Unit)
What are the 5 basic parts of a computer?
The hardware components—video card, processor, memory, motherboard and hard drive—are the same for all computer systems.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) The CPU is the “brains” of the computer.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) RAM is variable in a computer.
- Hard Drive.
- Video Card.
What are the 3 main parts of a computer?
What Are The Three Main Parts Of A Computer?
- System Unit. The system unit of the computer contains the hard drive, disc drive, CPU, graphics card, sound card, and countless ports used to connect external devices to your computer.
- Monitor. Your computer’s monitor lets you see what you’re doing.
- Keyboard. The keyboard is essential to any desktop computer.