- What is computer hardware maintenance?
- What are the steps for caring for computer hardware?
- What is hardware maintenance and troubleshooting?
- What are the 4 types of maintenance?
- What are the tools in computer hardware servicing?
- Why do we need to take care of the computer?
- How long do PC components last?
- How do you take care of a monitor?
- What are hardware issues?
- What are the troubleshooting steps?
- What are hardware troubleshooting tools?
- What is a maintenance checklist?
- What is repair cycle?
- What are maintenance activities?
Top 10 things you should be doing to maintain your computer
- Everyone loves computers when they work. Everyone screams at them when they don’t.
- Back up your data.
- Clean dust from your computer.
- Clean up your cabling, and everything else too.
- Organize your installation disks.
- Run antivirus and spyware scans regularly.
- Clean up your software.
- Clean up your OS.
What is computer hardware maintenance?
Computer hardware maintenance involves taking care of the computer’s physical components, such as its keyboard, hard drive and internal CD or DVD drives. Cleaning the computer, keeping its fans free from dust, and defragmenting its hard drives regularly are all parts of a computer hardware maintenance program.
What are the steps for caring for computer hardware?
Let’s take a look at the 10 commandments of computer care for your workstation PC.
- Install Antivirus Software.
- Perform Regular Software Updates.
- Run Computer Maintenance.
- Backup Files.
- Keep Your Keyboard Crumb Free.
- Clean the Screen.
- Remove Dust from Vents and Fans.
- Use a Surge Protector.
What is hardware maintenance and troubleshooting?
Hardware troubleshooting is the process of reviewing, diagnosing and identifying operational or technical problems within a hardware device or equipment. It aims to resolve physical and/or logical problems and issues within a computing hardware.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
What are the tools in computer hardware servicing?
Computer Hardware Servicing Tools
- Anti-static wrist strap. Anti-static wrist strap-used to prevent ESD damage to computer equipment.
- Anti-static mat. Anti-static – used to stand on or place hardware on to prevent static electricity from building up.
- Flat head screwdriver.
- Philips head screwdriver.
- Torx screwdriver.
- Hex driver.
- Needle-nose plier.
- Wire cutter.
Why do we need to take care of the computer?
Prevention Against Viruses and Malware
When this occurs either at home or a business, it can be costly to fix and can even cost a company money in other ways such as loss of productivity. But, keeping computers well-maintained can keep both viruses and malware away and keep your computer running in tip-top shape.
How long do PC components last?
For most desktop PCs, a minimum three-year lifespan should be expected. However, most computers survive anywhere from five to eight years, depending on the upgrading components. Maintenance is also critical, as dust is very problematic for PC components.
How do you take care of a monitor?
How to Take Care of Your Computer Monitor
- Use a surge protector. Never plug your display directly into wall current.
- Keep the air vents open. Never cover the air vents on the top or sides of a monitor.
- Leave your monitor on.
- Check the connections.
- Klutzproof your monitor.
What are hardware issues?
Hardware issues. Sometimes a hardware fault can create issues that require a physical fix. We explain common computing hardware problems, from connecting devices to taking a screwdriver to your computer for a hands-on physical fix, or knowing when the time is right to seek a professional repair.
What are the troubleshooting steps?
The six steps of troubleshooting.
- Identify the problem.
- Establish a theory of probable cause.
- Test probable cause theory to determine actual cause.
- Establish an action plan and execute the plan.
- Verify full system functionality.
- Document the process.
What are hardware troubleshooting tools?
The hardware tools include cable tester, cable certifier, crimper, butt set, toner probe, punch down tool, protocol analyzer, loop back plug, TDR, OTDR, multimeter and external monitor. Below section will make you understand the hardware tools to troubleshoot the connectivity issues.
What is a maintenance checklist?
A maintenance checklist is a document which contains a few items to be checked or reviewed for maintenance (e.g. vehicle, appliance, etc). It also points out the things which have been reviewed (usually marked) in order to avoid reviewing the same item more than once.
What is repair cycle?
repair cycle. The stages through which a reparable item passes from the time of its removal or replacement until it is reinstalled or placed in stock in a serviceable condition. Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms.
What are maintenance activities?
The technical meaning of maintenance involves functional checks, servicing, repairing or replacing of necessary devices, equipment, machinery, building infrastructure, and supporting utilities in industrial, business, governmental, and residential installations.