- What are the 5 basic parts of a computer?
- What are the parts of the computer and its function?
- What are the basic parts of the computer?
- What are the parts of computer and their definition?
- What are the 10 parts of computer?
- What is basic computer knowledge?
- How many parts are in a computer?
- What are the 7 major components of a computer?
- What is the function of CPU?
- What are the parts of CPU?
- What is ROM in computer?
- What are the characteristics of computer?
What are the 5 basic parts of a computer?
The Five Main Parts of a Computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) The CPU is the “brains” of the computer.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) RAM is variable in a computer.
- Hard Drive. Unlike RAM, the hard drive stores data even after the machine is turned off.
- Video Card. The video card provides the image seen on the monitor.
What are the parts of the computer and its function?
Here is a computer components list that explains each component in detail:
- The Role of the Motherboard.
- The Power Supply.
- The Central Processing Unit.
- The Random Access Memory.
- The Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- The Video Card.
- The Optical Drives.
- Input/Output Devices.
What are the basic parts of the computer?
The basic parts of a desktop computer are the computer case, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. Each part plays an important role whenever you use a computer.
What are the parts of computer and their definition?
A typical computer system consists of a computer case, a power supply unit, a motherboard, a central processing unit (CPU), main memory, and a hard disk drive. Input devices include a keyboard, mouse, microphone, video camera, and image scanner. Output devices include a monitor, speakers, and a printer.
What are the 10 parts of computer?
10 Parts that make up a Computer
- Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- Video card.
- Power Supply.
- Keyboard and Mouse.
What is basic computer knowledge?
Basic computer knowledge is as important to a banker as a paper is to a publisher. This basic computer knowledge section covers many important questions for IBPS PO, SBI and RBI like exams and other similar tests. The basic computer knowledge practice problem section will get you the required practice and experience.
How many parts are in a computer?
The 4 main parts of a computer which ensure that users can access a wide variety of tools and services include the central processing unit, or CPU, the motherboard, the hard drive and random access memory, or RAM.
What are the 7 major components of a computer?
7 Major Components of Computer
- The Motherboard. Motherboard is simply a Circuit Board which is Printed that contains the principal components of the computer with connectors.
- The CPU. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit .
- The RAM.
- The Hard Drive.
- The Video Card or Graphics Card.
- The Power Supply.
- The Optical Drive.
What is the function of CPU?
Definitions. The central processing unit (CPU) of a computer is a piece of hardware that carries out the instructions of a computer program. It performs the basic arithmetical, logical, and input/output operations of a computer system.
What are the parts of CPU?
The two typical components of a CPU include the following:
- The arithmetic logic unit (ALU), which performs arithmetic and logical operations.
- The control unit (CU), which extracts instructions from memory and decodes and executes them, calling on the ALU when necessary.
What is ROM in computer?
Short for read-only memory, ROM is a storage medium that is used with computers and other electronic devices. Unlike RAM (random access memory), ROM is non-volatile, which means it keeps its contents regardless of whether or not it has power.
What are the characteristics of computer?
The characteristics of computers that have made them so powerful and universally useful are speed, accuracy, diligence, versatility and storage capacity. Let us discuss them briefly. Computers work at an incredible speed. A powerful computer is capable of performing about 3-4 million simple instructions per second.