Characteristics of application software
- It is an end-user application so close to the user and easy to design.
- The programming language of the application is high-level language.
- Easy to understand and manipulate and also it is more interactive.
What are the characteristics of a software?
There are some Software characteristics like reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability, functionality.
What is an application software and examples?
Application software (app for short) is a program or group of programs designed for end users. Examples of an application include a word processor, a spreadsheet, an accounting application, a web browser, an email client, a media player, a file viewer, an aeronautical flight simulator, a console game or a photo editor.
What are the 4 types of application software?
Depending on the level of language used there are different types of application software:
- Word processing software.
- Spreadsheet Software.
- Desktop Publishing Software.
- Database Software.
- Communication Software.
- Presentation Software.
- Internet Browsers.
- Email Programs.
What are the 10 examples of application software?
Few application software are:
- MS Word, WordPad and Notepad.
- Internet browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Microsoft Power Point, Keynotes.
- Auto CAD.
- MySQL, Oracle, MS Access.
- Apple Numbers, Microsoft Excel.
- Real Player, Media Player.