- What is computer and its characteristics?
- What are the characteristics of computer PDF?
- What is Computer define the characteristics and limitation of computer?
- What are 3 characteristic of the supercomputer?
- What is Introduction to Computer?
- What are different types of computer?
- What are the functions of a computer?
- What are the 7 types of computers?
- How many parts are there in computer?
- What are the five features of computer?
- What is RAM and ROM in computer?
- What is importance of computer?
- What is an example of a supercomputer?
- What is the meaning of CPU?
- What are the main features of supercomputer?
What is computer and its characteristics?
A computer is a machine that can be programmed to manipulate symbols.
Its principal characteristics are: It responds to a specific set of instructions in a well-defined manner.
It can execute a prerecorded list of instructions (a program).
It can quickly store and retrieve large amounts of data.
What are the characteristics of computer PDF?
The major characteristics of computers are the following:. Speed: A powerful computer is capable of executing about 3 million calculations per second. Accuracy: A computer’s accuracy is consistently high; if there are errors, they are due to errors in instructions given by the programmer.
What is Computer define the characteristics and limitation of computer?
Characteristics or Features of Computer
Speed: A computer is a very fast device. Errors can occur in a computer but these are mainly due to human rather than technological weakness. Storage Capacity : Computers can store data and instruction with a lot of volume and very high efficiency.
What are 3 characteristic of the supercomputer?
Characteristics of a Supercomputer
- Funnels capacity into a few programs as quickly as possible.
- Power measured in massive numbers. FLOPS — FLoating-point Operations Per Second. Teraflops. One trillion operations every second. 10 to the 12th power (1012) 1,000,000,000,000. Petaflops. One quadrillion calculations every second.
What is Introduction to Computer?
Introduction to Computer. Computer. A computer is an electronic device, operating under the control of instructions stored in its own memory that can accept data (input), process the data according to specified rules, produce information (output), and store the information for future use1.
What are different types of computer?
There are Four Different Computer Types
There are different computer types available depending on the number of users they can support at any one time, their size, and power. In this hub, we are going to have a look at the difference between supercomputers, mainframe, mini, and microcomputers.
What are the functions of a computer?
Quick Answer. At a fundamental level, computers operate through these four functions: input, output, processing, and storage. Input: the transfer of information into the system (e.g., through a keyboard).
What are the 7 types of computers?
Terms in this set (9)
- Mainframe computers. Large, powerful computers that are used for centralized storage, processing, and management of very large amounts of data.
- PDA;Personal Digital Assistant.
- Embedded computer.
How many parts are there in computer?
What are the five features of computer?
What are five features of it? Computer stands for Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research.
Five parts of a computer:
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Hard Drive or Flash Drive.
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Graphics Card.
What is RAM and ROM in computer?
RAM (Random Access Memory) and ROM (Read Only Memory) are types of computer memory that provide users with access to information stored on a computer. Data in RAM is not permanently written. When you power off your computer the data stored in RAM is deleted. ROM is a type of non- volatile memory.
What is importance of computer?
Computer has become very important nowadays because it is very much accurate, fast and can accomplish many tasks easily. Otherwise to complete those tasks manually much more time is required. It can do very big calculations in just a fraction of a second. Moreover it can store huge amount of data in it.
What is an example of a supercomputer?
Examples of special-purpose supercomputers include Belle, Deep Blue, and Hydra, for playing chess, Gravity Pipe for astrophysics, MDGRAPE-3 for protein structure computation molecular dynamics and Deep Crack, for breaking the DES cipher.
What is the meaning of CPU?
CPU (pronounced as separate letters) is the abbreviation for central processing unit. Sometimes referred to simply as the central processor, but more commonly called a processor, the CPU is the brains of the computer where most calculations take place.
What are the main features of supercomputer?
Features of Supercomputer
They have more than 1 CPU (Central Processing Unit) which contains instructions so that it can interpret instructions and execute arithmetic and logical operations. The supercomputer can support extremely high computation speed of CPUs.