Types of computer monitors
- CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors. These monitors employ CRT technology, which was used most commonly in the manufacturing of television screens.
- LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors. The LCD monitor incorporates one of the most advanced technologies available today.
- LED (light-emitting diodes) monitors.
4 Sep 2014
How many different types of monitors are there?
The two types of monitor technologies available to consumers are available in CRT monitors and LCD monitors.28 Aug 2009
What are the 3 types of monitor?
However, based on the technology used to make computer monitors, they can be broadly categorized into three types.
- CRT (Cathode Ray Tube)
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- LED (Light-Emitting Diodes)
What is monitor and its type?
A computer monitor is an output device that displays information in pictorial form. The display device in modern monitors is typically a thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) with LED backlighting having replaced cold-cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) backlighting.
What are old computer monitors called?
Cathode ray tubes became the first computer monitors that people used to view computer information. A CRT is a vacuum tube with one end coated with phosphors. When electrons strike them, they emit light. Because CRTs were the only displays people had, they often referred to computer displays as CRTs.