- What are the internal components of a computer?
- What are the 5 hardware components of a computer?
- What are internal and external components?
- Which computer components are considered external peripherals?
- Is CPU a storage device?
- What are the 7 major components of a computer?
- What are the 10 parts of computer?
- How many parts are there in computer?
- What is computer hardware and its functions?
- Is RAM internal or external?
- What is external device?
- What is internal and external migration?
- What are the different types of computer peripherals?
- Is an external hard drive a peripheral device?
- Is a USB a peripheral device?
- Is Ram a storage device?
- What are the 3 parts of a CPU?
- What are primary storage devices?
- What is a computer made of?
- What are the types computer?
- What are the characteristics of computer?
- What is ROM in computer?
- What is hardware and its types?
- What is RAM and ROM in computer?
What are the internal components of a computer?
Internal computer hardware devices
- Drive (e.g., Blu-ray, CD-ROM, DVD, floppy drive, hard drive, and SSD).
- Fan (heat sink)
- Network card.
- Power supply.
What are the 5 hardware components of a computer?
The hardware components—video card, processor, memory, motherboard and hard drive—are the same for all computer systems.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) The CPU is the “brains” of the computer.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) RAM is variable in a computer.
- Hard Drive.
- Video Card.
What are internal and external components?
Answer: Internal components are devices that are either built-in to the motherboard of the computer, added on an expansion card or a device attached to the motherboard by way of ribbon cables. External devices are added to the computer system by plugging them into one of the ports on the back of the computer.
Which computer components are considered external peripherals?
- Examples of external peripherals include mouse, keyboard, printer, monitor, external Zip drive or scanner.
- Examples of internal peripherals include CD-ROM drive, CD-R drive or internal modem.
Is CPU a storage device?
Computer data storage devices are also classified by their distance from the processor, or CPU. The closest storage is memory, or RAM. This is the only kind of data storage that directly accesses the CPU. For most personal computers, secondary storage is the main data storage device.
What are the 7 major components of a computer?
7 Major Components of Computer
- The Motherboard. Motherboard is simply a Circuit Board which is Printed that contains the principal components of the computer with connectors.
- The CPU. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit .
- The RAM.
- The Hard Drive.
- The Video Card or Graphics Card.
- The Power Supply.
- The Optical Drive.
What are the 10 parts of computer?
10 Parts that make up a Computer
- Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- Video card.
- Power Supply.
- Keyboard and Mouse.
How many parts are there in computer?
What is computer hardware and its functions?
a) COMPUTER HARDWARE
Hardware refers to the physical, tangible computer equipment and devices, which provide support for major functions such as input, processing (internal storage, computation and control), output, secondary storage (for data and programs), and communication.
Is RAM internal or external?
Internal memory is split into two categories, ROM and RAM. Internal memory is also called the prime or main memory and can store small amounts of data that can be accessed quickly while the computer is running. Examples of external memory are portable hard disks, USBs and compact discs.
What is external device?
external device – Computer Definition
Any peripheral device that is not housed inside the computer cabinet. Monitors, keyboards, mice and printers are inherently external devices; however, drives, network adapters and modems may also be external. See external drive, external modem and USB adapter.
What is internal and external migration?
internal migration: moving within a state, country, or continent. external migration: moving to a different state, country, or continent. emigration: leaving one country to move to another. immigration: moving into a new country. return migration: moving back to where you came from.
What are the different types of computer peripherals?
There are many different peripheral devices, but they fall into three general categories:
- Input devices, such as a mouse and a keyboard.
- Output devices, such as a monitor and a printer.
- Storage devices, such as a hard drive or flash drive.
Is an external hard drive a peripheral device?
Common external peripheral devices include devices like a mouse, keyboard, pen tablet, external hard drive, printer, projector, speakers, webcam, flash drive, media card readers, and microphone.
Is a USB a peripheral device?
A peripheral or peripheral device is “an ancillary device used to put information into and get information out of the computer”. an input/output device performs both input and output functions, such as a computer data storage device (including a disk drive, USB flash drive, memory card and tape drive).
Is Ram a storage device?
A computer’s internal hard drive is often considered a primary storage device, while external hard drives and other external media are considered secondary storage devices. RAM, commonly called “memory,” is considered primary storage, since it stores data that is directly accessible by the computer’s CPU.
What are the 3 parts of a CPU?
The CPU is made up of three main parts:
- Control Unit this part controls the input and output devices.
- Arithmetic Logic Unit this is the part that does all the working out: it does all the maths and makes the decisions.
- Immediate Access Store this is the memory available for programmes and data.
What are primary storage devices?
A primary storage device is a medium that holds memory for short periods of time while a computer is running. RAM (random access memory) and cache are both examples of a primary storage device. The image shows three different types of storage for computer data.
What is a computer made of?
A computer is made up of the following components: the hardware and the soft ware. The hardware are the parts of computer itself including the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and related microchips and micro-circuitry, keyboards, monitors, case and drives (floppy, hard, CD, DVD, optical, tape, etc).
What are the types computer?
The four basic types of computers are as under: 1Supercomputer. 2Mainframe Computer. 3Minicomputer.
What are the characteristics of computer?
The characteristics of computers that have made them so powerful and universally useful are speed, accuracy, diligence, versatility and storage capacity. Let us discuss them briefly. Computers work at an incredible speed. A powerful computer is capable of performing about 3-4 million simple instructions per second.
What is ROM in computer?
Short for read-only memory, ROM is a storage medium that is used with computers and other electronic devices. Unlike RAM (random access memory), ROM is non-volatile, which means it keeps its contents regardless of whether or not it has power.
What is hardware and its types?
Computer hardware refers to the physical devices that make up a computer. Examples include the keyboard, monitor and disk drive. Hardware devices can be classified into four distinct categories: Input devices: For raw data input. Processing devices: To process raw data instructions into information.
What is RAM and ROM in computer?
RAM (Random Access Memory) and ROM (Read Only Memory) are types of computer memory that provide users with access to information stored on a computer. Data in RAM is not permanently written. When you power off your computer the data stored in RAM is deleted. ROM is a type of non- volatile memory.