Internal computer hardware devices
- Drive (e.g., Blu-ray, CD-ROM, DVD, floppy drive, hard drive, and SSD).
- Fan (heat sink)
- Network card.
- Power supply.
What are the internal and external parts of a computer?
The Different External Parts of a Computer
- Tower. The tower is the central brain of the computer.
- Monitor. The computer’s monitor, or screen, is the window into the workings of the computer.
- Keyboard. The keyboard allows typed input into the computer.
- CD/DVD Drive, Floppy Drive and USB drives.
- Printers and Scanners.
What are the 7 internal components in a computer?
These components are found in nearly every computer, and now many tablets and smartphones too.
- Motherboard. Think of the motherboard as the backbone of nearly any technological device.
- Networking cards.
- Graphics card.
- Hard drive.
- USB ports.
- Monitor ports.
What are the internal parts of a laptop?
- Processor. The central processing unit (CPU) is the controlling component of your laptop computer.
- Hard Drive. The hard drive is the memory storage of your laptop.
- System Memory.
- Optical Drive.
- External Ports.
- Video Card.
What is internal storage in computer?
Answer: Internal storage can mean several different things, but most often refers to a computer’s internal hard drive. This is the primary storage device used to store a user’s files and applications. If a computer has multiple internal hard drives, they are all considered part of the computer’s internal storage.