How many parts of computer are important?
A basic computer has at least 8 basic components which include a computer case or tower, motherboard, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Power Supply Unit (PSU), Random Access Memory (RAM), hard drive (HDD), Graphic Processing Unit (GPU) and some type of optical drive which would be your CD/DVD drive.
What are the 7 major components of a computer?
7 Major Components of Computer
- The Motherboard. Motherboard is simply a Circuit Board which is Printed that contains the principal components of the computer with connectors.
- The CPU. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit .
- The RAM.
- The Hard Drive.
- The Video Card or Graphics Card.
- The Power Supply.
- The Optical Drive.
What are the 10 parts of computer?
10 Parts that make up a Computer
- Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- Video card.
- Power Supply.
- Keyboard and Mouse.
What parts are most important for a gaming PC?
So here we go – here’s a list of the most common parts in your computer, and what each one does when you play a computer game.
- Graphics Card. Your graphics card is arguably the most important part of a gaming computer build.
- Power Supply.
- Optical Drive.
What is a computer made of?
A computer is made up of the following components: the hardware and the soft ware. The hardware are the parts of computer itself including the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and related microchips and micro-circuitry, keyboards, monitors, case and drives (floppy, hard, CD, DVD, optical, tape, etc).
What is the meaning of CPU?
CPU (pronounced as separate letters) is the abbreviation for central processing unit. Sometimes referred to simply as the central processor, but more commonly called a processor, the CPU is the brains of the computer where most calculations take place.