Hardware devices can be classified into four distinct categories: Input devices: For raw data input. Processing devices: To process raw data instructions into information.
Storage devices: For data and information retention.
- Input Devices.
- Processing Devices.
- Output Devices.
- Memory/Storage Devices.
What are the categories of computer hardware?
- Inside a personal computer: Monitor. Motherboard. CPU(Microprocessor. Main memory(RAM) Expansion cards. Power supply unit. Optical disc drive. Hard disk drive (HDD). Keyboard. Mouse.
- An example of a serial port.
- Graphics Card.
- Close-up of a Sound Card.
- Network Interface Card.
What are the 5 types of hardware?
There are five parts of computer hardware that can be found in most computer systems, from smart phones to desktop computers: processor, primary storage, secondary storage, input devices and output devices.
What are the 6 components of a computer?
The six components of a computer include the central processing unit (CPU), motherboard, hard drive, memory, monitor and peripherals. The CPU is essentially the engine of the computer, while the motherboard is a circuit board that contains the memory, processor and ROM chips.
What are the examples of computer hardware?
Internal hardware examples
- CPU (central processing unit).
- Drive (e.g., Blu-ray, CD-ROM, DVD, floppy drive, hard drive, and SSD).
- Fan (heat sink)
- Network card.
- Power supply.