When you are job hunting, it’s important to choose the appropriate cover letter for the letter’s goal.
There are different types of cover letters, including the five most common types: application letters, referral cover letters, letters of interest, networking, and value proposition letters.
What are the three types of application letter?
There are three main types of cover letters: the application cover letter, the prospecting cover letter, and the networking cover letter. Short introductory emails (we call those “Non-Cover Letter Cover Letters”) alongside your resume are also considered cover letters.
What do I write in an application letter?
Part 2 Writing Your Letter
- Write an engaging first paragraph.
- State where you found the position to which you are applying.
- Explain why hiring you will benefit the employer.
- Briefly summarize your strengths, qualifications, and experience.
- Paint a picture of yourself that’s not on your resume.
What are the different types of letter?
There are many standard types of business letters, and each of them has a specific focus.
- Sales Letters.
- Order Letters.
- Complaint Letters.
- Adjustment Letters.
- Inquiry Letters.
- Follow-Up Letters.
- Letters of Recommendation.
- Acknowledgment Letters.