The categories of the different LCD display types are:
- Monochrome (single color) Static. Graphic. Character. Custom.
- Multi-Color. TFT. OLED. FSC (Field Sequential Color LCD ) EBT (Excellent Black Technology) aka VA (Vertical alignment) CSTN.
What are the different types of display?
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- IPS-LCD (In-Plane Switching Liquid Crystal Display)
- OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
How is LCD screen made?
Liquid crystal display (LCD) screens are manufactured by assembling a sandwich of two thin sheets of glass. On one of the sheets are transistor “cells” formed by first depositing a layer of indium tin oxide (ITO), an usual metal alloy that you can actually see through.
Which liquid is used in LCD?
Various types of thermotropic liquid crystals.
Most LCDs today also use a source of light coming from the rear of the display (backlight), such as a fluorescent light, to make the liquid crystal appear darker against the screen when in its cloudy phase8.
Is LED or LCD better?
Older LCD TVs used cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) to provide backlighting, whereas LED-backlit LCD TVs used an array of smaller, more efficient light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to illuminate the screen. As the technology is better, all LCD TVs now use LED lights and are colloquially considered LED TVs.