What are the types of packaging?
Types of Packaging.
There are three major types of paper packaging: corrugated boxes, boxboard or paperboard cartons, and paper bags and sacks.
Corrugated Boxes: Corrugated boxes are commonly used to carry heavier products such as appliances, electronic goods, wine, fruit and vegetables.
What are the types of food packaging materials?
Types of packaging material used in food
- Plastics. Plastics are organic polymeric materials that can be molded into the desired shape.
- Metals (steel, tin, aluminum) The main use of these metals is the preservation of canned foods and beverages.
- Wood, cardboard and papers.
- Advances in packaging techniques.
How many types of packaging materials are there?
Below is a list of the most common packaging materials used all over the world.
- Paper/Paperboard/Fiberboard. Paperboard and fiberboard are used in both primary and secondary packaging for companies throughout the world.
- HDPE/PET/Rigid Packaging.
- LDP/LLDPE/Flexible Packaging.
- Aluminum Packaging.
What is packaging made of?
Chipboard packaging is used in industries such as electronic, medical, food, cosmetic, and beverage. A chipboard basically is a type of paperboard that is made out of reclaimed paper stock. It can be easily cut, folded, and formed. It is a cost-effective packing option for your products.