Types of Programs
- Word processors.
- Game programs.
- Data base systems.
- Graphics programs.
- Web browsers.
What are the two types of programs?
There are two main types of software: systems software and application software. Systems software includes the programs that are dedicated to managing the computer itself, such as the operating system, file management utilities, and disk operating system (or DOS).
What are the 3 types of software?
The three types of computer software’s are systems software, programming software and applications software.
What are the 4 types of application software?
Depending on the level of language used there are different types of application software:
- 1) Word processing software.
- 2) Spreadsheet Software.
- 3) Desktop Publishing Software.
- 4) Database Software.
- 5) Communication Software.
- 6) Presentation Software.
- 7) Internet Browsers.
- 8) Email Programs.
What are common computer programs?
The most common application software programs are used by millions every day and include:
- Microsoft suite of products (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Internet browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.