- What is meant by software maintenance?
- What is hardware and software maintenance?
- Why Software maintenance is needed explain?
- What are the 4 types of maintenance?
- What are the types of software maintenance?
- How do you maintain hardware and software?
- What is basic hardware maintenance?
- What is a software give example?
- What is a maintenance checklist?
- Which type of maintenance is most expensive?
- What are the classification of maintenance?
- What are 4 types of software?
- Why is software maintenance expensive?
- What is maintenance process?
- What is the first step for hardware maintenance?
- What are two proper care rules for the mouse?
- What are the hardware maintenance tools?
Description: Software maintenance is a vast activity which includes optimization, error correction, deletion of discarded features and enhancement of existing features.
Since these changes are necessary, a mechanism must be created for estimation, controlling and making modifications.
What is meant by software maintenance?
Software maintenance in software engineering is the modification of a software product after delivery to correct faults, to improve performance or other attributes. A common perception of maintenance is that it merely involves fixing defects.
What is hardware and software maintenance?
Hardware maintenance and support services are preventive and remedial services that physically repair or optimize hardware, including contract maintenance and per-incident repair. Software maintenance and support services include long-term and pay-as-you-go (incident-based) support contracts.
Why Software maintenance is needed explain?
Why Software Maintenance Is Necessary? Maintaining a system is equally important as Web Application Development. It keeps solutions healthy to deal with changing technical and business environment. It introduces technical advancements almost every day that improve solution efficiency to streamline business operations.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
What are the types of software maintenance?
Types of Software Maintenance
- There are four types of maintenance, namely, corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive.
- Corrective maintenance deals with the repair of faults or defects found in day-today system functions.
- In the event of a system failure due to an error, actions are taken to restore the operation of the software system.
How do you maintain hardware and software?
Top 10 things you should be doing to maintain your computer
- Everyone loves computers when they work. Everyone screams at them when they don’t.
- Back up your data.
- Clean dust from your computer.
- Clean up your cabling, and everything else too.
- Organize your installation disks.
- Run antivirus and spyware scans regularly.
- Clean up your software.
- Clean up your OS.
What is basic hardware maintenance?
Computer hardware maintenance involves taking care of the computer’s physical components, such as its keyboard, hard drive and internal CD or DVD drives. Cleaning the computer, keeping its fans free from dust, and defragmenting its hard drives regularly are all parts of a computer hardware maintenance program.
What is a software give example?
System software is software designed to provide a platform for other software. Examples of system software include operating systems like macOS, Linux OS and Microsoft Windows, computational science software, game engines, industrial automation, and software as a service applications.
What is a maintenance checklist?
A maintenance checklist is a document which contains a few items to be checked or reviewed for maintenance (e.g. vehicle, appliance, etc). It also points out the things which have been reviewed (usually marked) in order to avoid reviewing the same item more than once.
Which type of maintenance is most expensive?
What are the classification of maintenance?
Five types of maintenance are in fact recurrent in the industry: corrective, preventive, condition-based, predictive and predetermined. These concepts are not always easy to understand or are not well-known by certain people, that’s why they need to be cleared up.
What are 4 types of software?
The five types of systems software, are all designed to control and coordinate the procedures and functions of computer hardware.
Utility: Ensures optimum functionality of devices and applications.
- Operating System (OS)
- Device Drivers.
- Programming Language Translators.
Why is software maintenance expensive?
Software maintenance cost is derived from the changes made to software after it has been delivered to the end user. Software does not “wear out” but it will become less useful as it gets older, plus there WILL always be issues within the software itself. Software maintenance costs will typically form 75% of TCO.
What is maintenance process?
The structure encompasses maintenance activities such as: overhauls, breakdowns prevention and removing, changeover management and production of tools and special equipment. The structure also includes maintenance resources: tools and equipment, spare parts, procedures and documentation, maintenance works, etc.
What is the first step for hardware maintenance?
For today’s post, we discuss a number of easy computer maintenance steps that even beginners can do.
- Update Your Operating System.
- Uninstall Programs You Don’t Use.
- Update Device Drivers.
- Clean Up Your Disk.
- Regular Computer Maintenance Makes All the Difference.
What are two proper care rules for the mouse?
- Your Mouse – Tips for Care and Feeding. DIRT & GRIME – A dirty computer mouse is not just a cosmetic concern.
- – – Remove the ball and blow out the dust in the cavity.
- – – Wipe off dirt on the ball.
- – – Wipe off dirt on the flat surface of the mouse.
- – – Wipe the mouse pad clean.
- – – Keep the work surface clean.
What are the hardware maintenance tools?
List of Top Hand Tools for Your Computer Hardware Repair Kit
- #1 Flat-Tip Screwdrivers. Flat-tip screwdrivers are flat-headed and used to turn slotted screws.
- #2 Philips-Head Screwdrivers.
- #3 Torx Screwdrivers and Nut Drivers.
- #4 Wire Cutters.
- #5 Needle-Nose Pliers.
- #6 Wire Strippers.
- #7 Crimpers.