Computer hardware is any physical device used in or with your machine, whereas software is a collection of code installed onto your computer’s hard drive.
For example, the computer monitor you are using to read this text and the mouse you are using to navigate this web page are computer hardware.30 Jun 2019
What is computer hardware and software?
A computer system consists of two major elements: hardware and software. Computer hardware is the collection of all the parts you can physically touch. Computer software, on the other hand, is not something you can touch. Software is a set of instructions for a computer to perform specific operations.
What is computer software and examples?
Examples of Application Software
- Microsoft suite of products (Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Internet browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- mobile pieces of software such as Pandora (for music appreciation), Skype (for real-time online communication), and Slack (for team collaboration)
What are the examples of computer hardware?
Internal hardware examples
- CPU (central processing unit).
- Drive (e.g., Blu-ray, CD-ROM, DVD, floppy drive, hard drive, and SSD).
- Fan (heat sink)
- Network card.
- Power supply.
8 Mar 2018
What is the difference between hardware and software in points?
The main difference between hardware and software is that the hardware refers to physical components of a computer while the software refers to a set of instructions given to a computer to perform a certain task.28 Jul 2018