- What is meant by software maintenance?
- What are the types of software maintenance?
- How do you maintain a software?
- Why maintenance is required for software?
- What are the 4 types of maintenance?
- What are different types of maintenance?
- What are 4 types of software?
- What are the characteristics of software maintenance?
- What are the factors affecting the cost of the software?
Software Maintenance is the process of modifying a software product after it has been delivered to the customer.
The main purpose of software maintenance is to modify and update software application after delivery to correct faults and to improve performance.
What is meant by software maintenance?
Software maintenance in software engineering is the modification of a software product after delivery to correct faults, to improve performance or other attributes. A common perception of maintenance is that it merely involves fixing defects.
What are the types of software maintenance?
Types of Software Maintenance
- There are four types of maintenance, namely, corrective, adaptive, perfective, and preventive.
- Corrective maintenance deals with the repair of faults or defects found in day-today system functions.
- In the event of a system failure due to an error, actions are taken to restore the operation of the software system.
How do you maintain a software?
Top 10 things you should be doing to maintain your computer
- Back up your data. When was the last time that you backed up your data?
- Clean dust from your computer.
- Clean up your cabling, and everything else too.
- Organize your installation disks.
- Run antivirus and spyware scans regularly.
- Clean up your software.
- Clean up your OS.
- Update everything.
Why maintenance is required for software?
Why Software Maintenance Is Necessary? Maintaining a system is equally important as Web Application Development. It keeps solutions healthy to deal with changing technical and business environment. It introduces technical advancements almost every day that improve solution efficiency to streamline business operations.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
What are different types of maintenance?
Five types of maintenance are in fact recurrent in the industry: corrective, preventive, condition-based, predictive and predetermined.
What are 4 types of software?
The four types of computer software include systems, application, malicious and programming software. Computer software, together with hardware and humanware components make up a complete computer system ready for productivity and entertainment.
What are the characteristics of software maintenance?
Software Maintenance must be performed in order to:
- Correct faults.
- Improve the design.
- Implement enhancements.
- Interface with other systems.
- Accommodate programs so that different hardware, software, system features, and telecommunications facilities can be used.
- Migrate legacy software.
- Retire software.
What are the factors affecting the cost of the software?
Software requirement gathering, development, maintenance, quality assurance and cost of poor quality are major groups responsible for overall cost in software production process. The exact proportion among them varies significantly in consecutive software releases, which is caused by many factors.