What are the 4 main parts of a computer?
A computer has four main components: the central processing unit or CPU, the primary memory, input units and output units.
What are all of the parts of a computer?
A basic computer has at least 8 basic components which include a computer case or tower, motherboard, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Power Supply Unit (PSU), Random Access Memory (RAM), hard drive (HDD), Graphic Processing Unit (GPU) and some type of optical drive which would be your CD/DVD drive.
What are the main parts of a computer and their functions?
8 Standard Computer Components and What They Do
- Motherboard. The motherboard is an important computer component because it’s what everything else connects to!
- Power Supply. True to its name, the power supply powers all other components of the machine.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Random-access Memory (RAM)
- Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive.
- Video Card.
- Optical Drives.
What are the 3 main parts of a computer?
Although a computer generally consists of several different parts, each with its own specific set of tasks to perform, a desktop computer can be broken down into three main parts: the monitor, the system unit, and the keyboard, all of which are essential to any functional desktop computer.
How many parts are in a computer?
What is the 10 parts of computer?
10 Parts that make up a Computer
- Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- Video card.
- Power Supply.
- Keyboard and Mouse.