- Why do we need a maintenance?
- What is the main purpose of maintenance?
- Why is maintenance of equipment important?
- What is the advantage of maintenance?
- Why maintenance is very important?
- What are the 3 types of maintenance?
- What is the purpose of routine maintenance?
- What are the advantages of predictive maintenance?
- What is the purpose of preventive maintenance?
- What are the disadvantages of preventive maintenance?
The need of maintenance is based on the actual or imminent fail.
Ideally, maintenance is carried out to keep equipment and systems running efficiently during at least its usual life cycle.
As such, practical functioning of equipment is a function based on time.
Why do we need a maintenance?
When equipment isn’t working in optimal condition, it creates many hazards, unsafe working conditions and even emergency situations where workers are injured. Preventive maintenance improves the safety of equipment and therefore the safety of company workers resulting in fewer on the job injuries and accidents.
What is the main purpose of maintenance?
Purpose of Maintenance
The main purpose of regular maintenance is to ensure that all equipment required for production is operating at 100% efficiency at all times.
Why is maintenance of equipment important?
Maintenance of equipment in the workplace. Regular maintenance of equipment is an important and necessary activity. It has a vital role to play in reducing the risk associated with some workplace hazards and providing safer and healthier working conditions.
What is the advantage of maintenance?
Enhances the efficiency of equipment keeping them running more efficiently and lowering power expenses. Enhances the performance of assets by increasing uptime. Enhances customer (internal or external) service because maintenance teams have less unplanned maintenance and can respond quicker to new problems.
Why maintenance is very important?
The cost of regular maintenance is very low when it is compared to the cost of a major breakdown at which time there is no production. Purpose of Maintenance: The main purpose of regular maintenance is to ensure that all equipment required for production are operating at 100% efficiency at all times.
What are the 3 types of maintenance?
…See moreIndeed there are more than main three types as the following: 1- corrective maintenance. 2- preventive maintenance(scheduled). 3-perdective maintenance. 4-reliability centered maintenance RCM. 5- proactive maintenance.
What is the purpose of routine maintenance?
routine maintenance. Simple, small-scale activities (usually requiring only minimal skills or training) associated with regular (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) and general upkeep of a building, equipment, machine, plant, or system against normal wear and tear.
What are the advantages of predictive maintenance?
Predictive maintenance, a corporate philosophy
- Reduction in maintenance costs.
- Reduction in machine failures.
- Reduced downtime for repairs.
- Reduced stock of spare parts.
- Increased service life of parts.
- Increased production.
- Improved operator safety.
- Verification of repairs.
What is the purpose of preventive maintenance?
Preventive maintenance refers to planned maintenance designed to prevent equipment from breaking down. Taking active steps to keep equipment in good condition is usually more efficient than repairing or replacing equipment after it breaks or fails.
What are the disadvantages of preventive maintenance?
Disadvantages of doing Preventive Maintenance
- 1- Reduction of output & more deterioration in the plant.
- 2- Many Breakdowns occur with Unplanned downtime.
- 3- Increase the maintenance cost with direct loss of profit.
- 4- Less safety for workers & machines and increasing the accidents.
- 5- Decreasing Lifespan of the asset.