The two types of monitor technologies available to consumers are available in CRT monitors and LCD monitors.
There are big differences between LCD and CRT, and while LCD technology has advanced to the point where its viewing quality is comparable to CRTs, many people today still choose to purchase a CRT monitor.
What are the two types of computer monitor?
PC monitors come in two different flavors, each of which is known by a popular TLA (three-letter acronym): LCD and CRT.
- LCD: Stands for liquid crystal display. The newer, flatter type of computer screen.
- CRT: Stands for cathode ray tube. The traditional, glass-screen, television-set-like monitor.
What are the types of monitor?
Types of computer monitors
- CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors. These monitors employ CRT technology, which was used most commonly in the manufacturing of television screens.
- LCD (liquid crystal display) monitors. The LCD monitor incorporates one of the most advanced technologies available today.
- LED (light-emitting diodes) monitors.
What is the most common type of monitor?
The most common type of monitor is an A liquid crystal display LCD B light.
What is difference between CRT monitor and LCD monitor?
Summary: Difference Between CRT and LCD is that CRT is a desktop/pc monitor that contains a cathode-ray tube. While A LCD is a desktop/pc monitor that uses a liquid crystal display to produce images. These monitors produce sharp, flicker-free images.