50+ Computer Skills Hiring Managers Want In Resumes
- Basic Computer Skills. Typing. Word Processing.
- Hardware. Cabling. Servers.
- Software. Software Development.
- Graphic Design & Word Processing. Graphic Manipulation.
- Spreadsheets & Databases. MS Excel.
- IT Support. Client Server Management.
- Marketing. Digital Marketing.
What are the hardware skills?
Hardware skills allow you to physically operate a computer. Hardware skills can be as simple as knowing how to turn devices on and off. They might also involve more complex tasks like connecting machines to networks, changing parts or fixing broken devices.
What are basic IT skills?
Basic computer skills, as defined by the ICAS Computer Skills Assessment Framework include Internet and email, computers, word processing, graphics and multimedia, and spreadsheets.
How do I describe my skills on a resume?
List of 10 soft skills to include on a resume. See examples of how to describe them.
- Ability to Work Under Pressure.
- Decision Making.
- Time Management.
- Conflict Resolution.
How do I say I have good computer skills?
Give Concrete Examples
- Don’t Say: Excellent computer skills.
- Do Say: Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Don’t Say: Talented graphic artist.
- Do Say: Experienced graphic artist well-versed in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Take my work home too often and get in trouble with the spouse.