- Why is it important that regular maintenance is carried out on business?
- What is network maintenance?
- What are the different task included for network maintenance?
- What are two approaches to maintaining a network?
- Why is maintenance of equipment important?
- Why do we need maintenance strategy?
- What is network preventive maintenance?
- What is server maintenance?
- What are the key components in network documentation?
Maintaining your computer network is important because there are many factors that can go wrong on a daily basis.
Regular maintenance can keep the big problems away, while helping to maintain your networks optimal performance.
Why is it important that regular maintenance is carried out on business?
Regular maintenance of your IT systems helps your systems to run more smoothly as well as reduce the risk of them breaking down. A well maintained IT environment should ensure your staff and business has no technology roadblocks that hamper productivity and will also lead to a reduction in support costs.
What is network maintenance?
Network maintenance basically means you have to do what it takes in order to keep a network up and running and it includes a number of tasks: Troubleshooting network problems. Hardware and software installation/configuration. Monitoring and improving network performance.
What are the different task included for network maintenance?
Some of the more common network maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to, the following general activities:
- Installing, replacing or upgrading both hardware and software.
- Monitoring, tuning and optimizing the network.
- Documenting the network and maintaining network documentation.
What are two approaches to maintaining a network?
There are two approaches to network maintenance: Interrupt Driven and Structured.
Why is maintenance of equipment important?
Maintenance of equipment in the workplace. Regular maintenance of equipment is an important and necessary activity. It has a vital role to play in reducing the risk associated with some workplace hazards and providing safer and healthier working conditions.
Why do we need maintenance strategy?
Benefits of optimizing your maintenance strategy include extending asset life, reducing asset failures and downtime, minimizing repair costs, and improving health and safety. Start by assessing your current maintenance strategy to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
What is network preventive maintenance?
Preventive maintenance is just as important for the network as it is for the computers on a network. You must check the condition of cables, network devices, servers, and computers to make sure that they are kept clean and are in good working order. This helps you prevent network downtime and equipment failures.
What is server maintenance?
Server maintenance is process of keeping a server software updated and running so that a computer network can operate smoothly and avoid downtime or loss of data. Regular maintenance will keep the server running as expected and will help avoid a total or partial network failure.
What are the key components in network documentation?
Critical network documentation
- Layer 1 and 2 diagram. A Layer 1 diagram shows the physical connections between the critical pieces of network infrastructure.
- Layer 3 diagram.
- Circuit number table.
- IP address allocation table.
- Rack layout diagram.
- Wi-Fi diagram.
- Cable plan.
- Routing protocol diagram.